Personal Details




NAME Ally Lau Hsien Lee
EMAIL al.sornsukong@gmail.com
INSTAGRAM Ally Sornsukong @allybellly
HOMETOWN San Luang, ChiangRai, Thailand
LOCATION Singapore






Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Allyhealthychef in the making:Garlic Butter Prawn

Here's my first official dish with my new HAPPYCALL!
I think it's one of the best purchases I've made, well suited for dummy cooks like me.

Very happy with my dish:
GARLIC BUTTER PRAWN


Had a fight with my mum with the way the prawns are deshelled. 
I like them neat, this way, but she thinks i'm wasting a good portion of the head. 
Really mum, they are my prawns! 
So i had to kick her out of the kitchen!



Spent 1.5hours chopping on these garlics and chilli padi

Had horrible chilli burn for 5 hours. I didnt know it can hurt so bad! Similar to placing ur finger on a candle flame, only that ur finger doesn't literally burn up. I tried dipping them in milk, sugar water, ice water, tomato juice, alcohol, detergent and applying colgate. Nope didnt work! eventually went back to dipping my fingers in a bowl of cold water while trying to fall aslp for the night. Thank god it was gone when i woke up.

I'm NEVER touching chilli padi with my barehands again.


Now the butter, lemon and parsley.








HAPPYCALL is wonderful, seems like it makes it less likely for my food to burn.
I think i'll be using this my whole life. The color is looking good here aint it ;)

Frying them with butter, i can smell them mmMMmm!


Tada! Very pleased!!



Here's my first attempt. They look very sick don't they? lol
(And i dont know why my mum like her prawns curled up this way, it annoys me.)

Conclusion: I'm a fast learner ;)

Lesson of the Day: 
1. Buy a garlic/chilli chopper (Already did!)
2. Use 4 chilli padi instead of 7 (Not that suitable for most tastebuds hee)
3. This recipe is still best for BBQ (Tried it, FANTASTIC!)

No comments: